Thursday, April 26, 2012

Another Positive Step

So here's a small update before Sunday's orientation and begin of hands on work(can't wait). I am  now enrolled and plowing through the courses of the Dog Training and Obedience career diploma of Penn Foster. I am so excited because the diploma will give me a shred of credibility, the shelter will give me hands on experience and things can only go up from there. I am pursuing getting into pet grooming or pack walks for further experience and to supplement my income because the more money I make monthly the closer I am to being able to foster dogs. For the shelter dogs themselves I hope to do intensive daily training and if the shelter will allow, as each dog is ready, take them through the AKC(American Kennel Club) Canine Good Citizen certification. This basically means well trained and well mannered companion dog. I think being able to post a dog has that certification will be a big boost to their chances of adopt.

No comments:

Post a Comment