Sunday, April 29, 2012

It Begins

Hello everyone! I'm a very happy and tired person today. I went to the 2nd orientation(a bit of a joke as it was all just a review of where to walk the dogs not actual HOW to handle the dogs) and then after I stayed for almost 4 hours and worked with the dogs! I've been itching to work with the dogs for so long! I walked five of them today and all but one were relatively well mannered. The first was excitable(happy go lucky) and took about 5 or 6 minutes before he figured out to walk beside me not drag me but once he got it he pretty well got it. The last dog I walked was an insecure nervous chihuaha that screamed like a banshee when I asked him to simply walk. There were a few attempted bites from that one but all he needs is a patient trainer that knows how to help. He did relax about the walking after I worked with him. I think my favorite to walk was the first chihuaha I walked today, a sweet little girl with near perfect manners and very motivated by attention. She is the one I got photos of today.

What happens from here is that I will go daily(or near daily) before work, select one or two dogs to work with for a long quality walk rather than today's short introductory walks and I will be creating a Facebook page for Puppy Pennies. On the Facebook page you will find photo albums of each adoptable dog and my assessment of their behavior personality and anything else relevant. It's a daunting task I've taken on and I have a lot to learn in the hands-on experience but I absolutely love it and hope you're enjoying reading about it! Stay tuned as posts will happen faster now!

No comments:

Post a Comment