Monday, April 30, 2012

Another Day Done

 So today was yet again spent at the shelter. I feel it went much better today. Not that yesterday went bad but it certainly wasn't smooth. Yesterday was a bit of a chaotic introduction to the dogs and system and today felt like structure progress. I am struggling to get Facebook to cooperate with me to get a page on there set up for Puppy Pennies but I haven't given up. For now what I will do is comprise, first I have the photos on the sidebar of adoptables and 2nd I will have posts with more in depth reviews about the dogs. I will start with my favorite dog from today.




This little guy is so ugly he's adorable. At first glance he appears to be a grumpy unsocial dog but when you actually interact with him he's FAR from unsociable. He will do anything you ask for attention! He doesn't know the sit/stay/laydown/come commands quite yet but any time I chipperly called to him and patted my leg he was eager to arrive for attention. When I first took him from the kennel he was over excited and would jump not just on me but the walls as well but once I was able to slip the leash on him and give some corrections the jumping stopped and once out on the walk he was heeling on a loose leash after maybe 30 seconds. His sensitivity and resopnsiveness to instruction was amazing. He would do fantastic in obedience! Regular exercise and a consistent loving home is all he needs. If I could I would adopt him myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment