Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Brushing Moss of the Boulder

So here we go! I am DavinciPirate and this blog is all about animals; mainly dogs. Because of my passion for animals I am beginning a journey of working with dogs and doing all I am able to bring positive change to their lives and to the shelters all around my area. This Sunday(4/22) I things will start to roll as I go to the shelter orientation. It will be a humble beginning as I will start as a dog walker/bather but things can only go up from there. I will be enrolling in a college career diploma course for Dog Obedience and training. It is the first of many educational pursuits I will follow to make myself as knowledgeable as I can be. I have many dreams and goals such as



  • Gathering all knowledge, through experience and college education as there is to know about canines, and any other animal that may need help
  • To provide ample exercise and play to all the dogs in the shelter.
  • To give a minimum of basic training, socialization and manners to all dogs, smoothing out unwanted behaviors, to increase their chances of finding a home
  • To foster and provide extensive training to all dogs showing the proper potential to be service dogs and give them jobs
I feel these are some awesome and realistic goals. Some are more long term than others. There is a way, for those also passionate, to help. I will be adding a paypal donation button to this blog as soon as I can. Any amount will help, even just a dollar. No one will break the bank or miss a single dollar. Most people have more floating through the car and couch cushions in loose change.  Alone a dollar isn't much, but if one hundred people donated a single dollar that amounts to $100 and that's a lot of positive change for a shelter and its dogs! I will also try to find a pay to click banner that is as tasteful and not an eyesore. That way you can help to raise money by simply clicking the banner once a day! These are wholesome realistic goals so please help. My next post will be Sunday after the orientation.

No comments:

Post a Comment