Thursday, May 3, 2012

Dogs, Dogs and More Dogs

Another long day at the shelter walked lots of dogs. Gypsy was among them, she needs work on her interactions with other dogs. One was in the viewing pen where the dogs meet possible new owners and she went balistic with excitment to MEET THE OTHER DOG! Much jumping yipping and chewing on the leash. She just needs to be taught how to be calm and relaxed in the presence of other dogs.

On to the dog!



She's just as sweet as she looks! This little female chihuahua walks loose leashed at your heel hardly a minute after taking her from the kennel and stays there! She loves affection but is independent enough to go play on her own when she must. She likes to wrestle but not roughly. She'll stop and go super submissive/still if you get very rough. Just watch that she's equally gentle with her teeth as she hangs her mouth open(but not biting) while she wrestles. I am not a big fan of chihuahua as overall they're the wrong breed for me but even I love this little girl!

I also write bearing good news! Jada the German Shepherd mix got adopted today! I'm so glad she found a home. Good timing too cause I saw dog after dog being brought in to the shelter, many of them getting their assessments being sorted into A, B, or C section dogs. Hopefully they all make it to the A section. Those ones are deemed adoptable where as B and C are fearful/aggressive and at a  higher risk of euthenazia. I am not allowed to work with or even pass by the B and C kennel dogs. They're staff only. On a final note before I move on to the dog of the day I ask for any and all assistance in raising money to buy the shelter proper grooming brushes. I had a dog today that has prickly leaves and matts in his fur and when I asked for the supplies the staff had to dig through three different supplies before finding brushes that weren't broken. About $50 total should be enough to buy them a healthy supply of different type brushes and the dogs are more comfortable and look prettier when properly groomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment