Saturday, May 5, 2012

An Unsettling Thought

So today I went to the shelter and notice a few of the dogs were not here today that were yesterday. Among the missing was the little wire haired Fox Terrier I posted about a while ago. The one that's so ugly he's cute with his underbite and scraggly fur. I was sad to see him gone because I was rather attached to him, had I a proper home for a dog to bring him to I would have taken him in an instant, and went on with the walking of other dogs figuring he was in a new home. At the end of the walks just before I had to leave I went to the office to confirm his adoption so I could post it on facebook. Instead what I got was that they didn't know. The office staff did not know what happened to this dog. Adopted.. euthanasia...they just dont' know. I got the impression the gal didn't even find his records in the system. It makes me wonder how many dogs come and go through that shelter and nobody really knows where they went. It's just another point of proof that this shelter needs all the help they can get! I still need help gathering the $50 to buy them proper grooming supplies.

Now for the Daily Pup!


A great boy this one is! Very mellow and happy he just wants your attention and to play. He's a bit over weight but hey, who isn't these days! He does minimal leash pulling and after a few minutes basically walks beside me loose leash with only the occasional reminder. He's an absolute gem and really needs a good home!

No comments:

Post a Comment